This March, two special guests spent the day at AGCO headquarters – National FFA president, Clay Sapp and vice president, Lindsey Anderson. Reid Hamre, a 2012 National FFA Honorary Degree Recipient, highlights AGCO’s 68 year partnership with the National FFA in an interview with two National FFA Officers, along with Doug Griffin, AGCO’s FFA Sponsors Board member. The interviews were just one part of Clay and Lindsey’s visit to AGCO’s corporate headquarters. They also toured AGCO’s facilities, operated a few tractors at the Global Learning Center, and even heard the stories of former FFA members who are now AGCO employees. Eleven AGCO employees shared their stories during the event and because of this AGCO made an additional donation of $1,100 to the National FFA Organization.
Here is a short video that highlights the day.
Did you know?
Facts about AGCO’S Scholarship Support
- AGCO and AGCO Finance Award a total of 18 $2,000 Scholarships to FFA members who are current college students or graduated from high school this year.
- Additionally, AGCO dealers supported local FFA chapters by giving out a total of 121 $1,000 Scholarships in 2013
- This year marked the 68th year AGCO has been supporting the FFA, which is one of the longest partnerships with the FFA.
Facts about National FFA Scholarships
- The National FFA awarded $2.1 million in scholarships for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Approximately one out of four students receives a scholarship from the National FFA each year.
- 2013 marked the 29th year for the National FFA’s scholarship program.
To learn more about AGCO’s partnership with FFA, click a link below: