- The latest Massey Ferguson® GC1700 Series sub-compact tractors include tilt steering, improved visibility and an integrated joystick to improve operator comfort.
- Two models, the MFGC1723E (22.5 HP) and MFGC1725M (24 HP) are available as tractor only, tractor with loader or a tractor loader backhoe (TBL) combination.
- Massey Ferguson GC1700 Series tractors are the ideal subcompact tractors for mowing, snow blowing, loader and backhoe work. The independent mid-mount and rear PTOs can operate simultaneously to handle two jobs at once.
- All-steel construction increases durability of the new style hood. The hood styling provides greater visibility of the loader, and more powerful headlights increase operator visibility in low-light conditions.
DULUTH, Ga. — AGCO Corporation (NYSE:AGCO), a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment, kicks off 2019 in North America with the introduction of its next generation Massey Ferguson® GC1700 Series sub-compact tractors. The new GC1723E and GC1725M tractors are built upon a proven, reliable drive train and offer new styling, greater operator comfort and ergonomic enhancements that give them a “big tractor” feel.
The MFGC1723E (22.5 HP) and MFGC1725M (24 HP) are available as tractor only, tractor with loader or a tractor loader backhoe (TBL) combination.
New features on both new GC1700 models include:
- Tilt steering to improve operator comfort during operation and make getting on and off easier
- Greater visibility from a new style hood and more powerful headlights that increase operator visibility in low-light conditions
- An integrated joystick for easier loader operation and greater operator convenience
- A covered storage compartment to keep tools and other essentials clean and safe
- A one-piece rubber floor mat is now standard on the operator station.
The MFGC1725M has a premium seat with arm rests for a comfortable ride during long work days and a 12-volt outlet tucked inside the storage compartment for powering electric motors on various attachments. Both tractors are equipped with the proven Iseki 1.1 liter 3-cylinder diesel engine and 2-range hydrostatic transmission.
“These improvements to our GC1700 Series are the latest example of our commitment to engineering top-of-the-line equipment for homeowners, contractors and municipal use,” says Jeffrey Ratliff, product manager for Massey Ferguson. “We took an already outstanding tractor, made some simple adjustments and created the ultimate sub-compact tractor experience.”
Massey Ferguson GC1700 Series tractors are the ideal sub-compact tractors for mowing, snow blowing, loader and backhoe work. They can simultaneously handle two jobs at once with their independent rear and mid-mount PTOs. All models are 4WD with a maximum forward speed of 9.1 MPH. The tractors feature class-leading hydraulic flow for high 3-point lift capacity and fast loader response.
Versatility and long-life are advantages of Massey Ferguson sub-compact tractors
The GC1700 Series sub-compact tractor is designed and engineered to be the only tractor needed for a lifetime of work.
- A lower rated engine speed results in less engine wear and increased service life.
- Hydraulic lines for the loader are routed inside the loader frame for protection and better operator visibility of the loader bucket.
- Cruise control gives the operator additional comfort and control when mowing or when a constant ground speed is needed.
- 540 RPM independent rear PTO and 2000 RPM independent mid-mount PTO operate simultaneously to make the tractor versatile enough to accomplish multiple tasks at once. For example, operators can run a snow blower on the front and a salt spreader on the rear at the same time.
“Today, owners of sub-compact tractors expect more from their equipment than ever before,” Ratliff says. “With the new features to improve operator experience and comfort, the latest generation of sub-compact tractors from Massey Ferguson offers superior ease-of-use and performance often only found in larger tractors.”
To learn about Massey Ferguson or the newest generation of GC1700 Series compact tractors or to locate the dealer nearest you, visit masseyferguson.us.
# # # #
Kelli Cook, AGCO North America | Kelli.Cook@AGCOcorp.com | 404-353-3607
Dee Weeda, Dee Weeda Communications | Dee@DeeWeedaComm.com | 641-344-0757
©2019 AGCO Corporation. Massey Ferguson is a registered trademark of AGCO
AGCO (NYSE:AGCO) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions and delivers high-tech solutions for farmers feeding the world through its full line of equipment and related services. AGCO products are sold through five core brands, Challenger®, Fendt®, GSI®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra®, supported by Fuse® smart farming solutions. Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, USA, AGCO had net sales of $9.4 billion in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.AGCOcorp.com. For company news, information and events, please follow us on Twitter: @AGCOCorp. For financial news on Twitter, please follow the hashtag #AGCOIR.