News at a Glance
- The new adjustable-clearance Fendt® Rogator® offers year-long nutrient and crop protection versatility for both liquid and dry applications. Pre-plant, postemergence, mid-season, late-season and post-harvest applications may all be accomplished with one, high-quality applicator.
- The first-of-its-kind Fendt Rogator 900 Series self-propelled applicator adjusts between standard (56-60”) and high clearance (72-76”) in just 45 seconds with the push of a button and can be switched from liquid to dry application or vice versa in as little as two hours.
- Equipped with a rear boom and a cab created for application equipment, the Fendt Rogator 900 Series offers a clean and safe operating environment with great stability and visibility. And the industry leading LiquidLogic® system comes standard on the new machine, providing the product- and time-saving benefits of a recirculating boom, plus more.
- These durable machines are built for the tough field conditions of fall or early season application and are backed by the three-year Gold Star Customer Care maintenance, service and warranty program.
- The Fendt Rogator is the latest addition to the line of farmer-focused innovations from AGCO. It joins the IDEAL® combine, Momentum® planter and wide range of Fendt tractors to round out a selection of essential crop production equipment for professional farmers.
- The Rogator 900 Series combines the reliability and comfort of Fendt with the expertise in precision crop input application that began with Ag-Chem’s introduction of the first self-propelled field sprayer in 1972.
DULUTH, GA – AGCO Corporation (NYSE: AGCO), a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and precision ag technology, has launched the new Fendt® Rogator® 900 Series applicator with adjustable clearance, bringing North American operators a single machine for applying liquid or dry crop care products at any time, to any size crop. The new Fendt Rogator will debut at MAGIE and the Farm Progress Show in August 2021.
“The Fendt Rogator 900 is the first of its kind – the only self-propelled, rear-mounted boom applicator with adjustable clearance and easy conversion between liquid and dry systems for ultimate versatility,” says David Fickel, manager of tactical marketing for application equipment at AGCO. “Because the new Rogator can be equipped for nearly any type of crop care application, customers not only optimize their investment in the machine, but have greater control over when and how products are applied. That helps ensure better product use for higher yields and an overall better return on their crop care investment.”
As crop production practices evolve and farmers make more late-season passes to apply nutrients and fungicides or seed cover crops, the need for high-clearance equipment is greater than ever to clear tall crops like corn, sugar cane, sunflowers and others. Now, farmers can use the Fendt Rogator 900 as their one machine to apply liquid or dry products any time ‒ pre-plant or postemergence in short or tall crops and after harvest for fall fertilization, burndown or cover-crop seeding.
“This new Rogator is the latest farmer-focused solution in a line of innovations from AGCO that combines the quality, comfort and reliability of Fendt with the application expertise that began with the introduction of Ag-Chem’s first self-propelled field sprayer in 1972,” Fickel says. The new applicator is the latest solution from Fendt created to meet the evolving crop production needs of today’s farmers. It joins the Fendt IDEAL® combine, the Fendt Momentum® planter and the growing family of Fendt tractors.
Quickly change machine height and switch application systems
With the push of a button, the two new H (high-clearance) models automatically raise from standard to high clearance of up to 76 inches in less than 45 seconds for critical late-season dry or liquid application and less disturbance of tall crops. After application, the applicators just as quickly return to standard clearance of 56 to 60 inches, depending on model for superior stability on the road. Changing between the liquid system and a dry spinner or pneumatic system takes less than two hours: unhook the hydraulic connections, remove the on-board system from the chassis and replace it with the one needed for the next job. The hydraulic pump for all systems stays on the chassis.
Designed with more automation, precision, productivity and comfort
Owners of Fendt tractors and combines as well as the current RoGator C Series applicator will find the multifunction joystick and armrest of the Rogator 900 series familiar and easy to operate.
Fendt Rogator 900 Series includes these features and options:
- The OptiLoad™ system of the industry-leading LiquidLogic® system now offers the best of both worlds – customizable and fully automated rinsing controlled from the cab. Using the Fendt VarioTerminal™, the operator can control how long to run each electronic valve for each type of product, without leaving the cab.
- A variable fan with reversing function helps clear the engine cooling package of pollen and fine dust, increasing cooling efficiency and reducing downtime to clear filters.
- The Fendt 900 Series cab features dual activated-carbon filters and a state-of-the-art cab pressurization fan for protection from dust, aerosols and vapors. The cab has 12% more glass than the previous Rogator, giving operators greater visibility. More shoulder room, Air-Ride™ seat suspension and a heated and cooled seat provide maximum comfort for long days in the machine.
- A range of nozzle, section and boom-height control options are available with the choice of two technology packages for precise application. The EZ-Drops™ drop tube kit can be added for placing late-season nitrogen and cover-crop seed below the crop canopy.
- Customers can choose either the Protechi technology package for the Fendt VarioTerminal and integrated Fendt technology or the ProTech+ technology package with the Fendt Viper® 4+ field computer for the ultimate combination of operating power and program capabilities.
Five models, with multiple system choices to fit all operations
The Fendt Rogator 900 Series has five models: RG932, RG934, RG934H, RG937 and RG937H, ranging from 315 HP to 365 HP. The RG932 and RG934, with 70-inch-diameter tires, have 56-inch standard clearance; the RG937 has 80-inch tires and 60-inch standard clearance. The two high-clearance, dual-position chassis models, RG934H and RG937H, change to clearance heights of 72 inches and 76 inches, respectively.
All models have AGCO Power™ 8.4L engines and are equipped with LiquidLogic liquid management (standard), with liquid capacities ranging from 900 to 1,300 gallons, or dry spinner systems with capacities ranging from 253 to 330 cubic feet. All but the RG932 can be equipped with the Air-Max® Precision R1 or R2 pneumatic boom spreader, ranging from 215 to 275 cubic feet in capacity. Owners can customize the systems and tank sizes they need for their operation.
Steel booms of 90-, 100- and 120-foot lengths with 10-, 15- and 20-inch nozzle spacing are available to suit specific width, volume and broadcast needs. An optional aluminum 132-foot boom, 5% lighter than a 120-foot steel boom, is also offered.
Just as with the current RoGator C models, operators of the new Rogator 900 machines will benefit from the automatic traction control of the AWD SmartDrive™ system. Turn-compensated wheel speed provides independent control of each wheel to assist in tight turns and reduce soil disruption and crop damage. Optional GatorTrak™ 4-Wheel Steer offers a tight, 16.5-foot turning radius that dramatically improves field maneuverability, crosses fewer rows and reduces compaction.
Made in the U.S.; backed by Fendt Gold Star Customer Care
The Fendt Rogator 900 Series is manufactured in Jackson, Minnesota. Customers can place orders at Fendt dealerships beginning in October, with delivery beginning in the second quarter of 2022.
As part of the Fendt family of reliable, high-quality equipment, the Rogator 900 Series applicator is backed by the three-year Gold Star Customer Care maintenance, service and warranty program. All parts and labor required to perform factory-recommended maintenance within the 3-year/2,000 engine hours full-machine warranty period are included.
Customers can see the new Fendt Rogator at AGCO Lot #806 at the Midwest Ag-Industries Exposition (MAGIE) Aug. 25-26, 2021, in Bloomington, Illinois, and at the 2021 Farm Progress Show in Decatur, Illinois, Aug. 31 – Sept. 2, at AGCO Lot #333.
To learn more about the Fendt Rogator 900 or locate the dealer nearest you, visit Fendt.com/us.
# # #
Bob Blakely, AGCO | Bob.Blakely@AGCOCorp.com | 770-232-8018
Dee Weeda, Dee Weeda Communications | Dee@DeeWeedaComm.com | 641-344-0757
Fendt is a worldwide brand of AGCO. Air-Max, IDEAL, LiquidLogic, Momentum and Rogator are registered trademarks of AGCO. AGCO Power, Air-Ride, GatorTrak, OptiLoad, SmartDrive and VarioTerminal are trademarks of AGCO. Viper is a registered trademark of Raven Industries, Inc. EZ-Drops is a trademark of EZ-Drops.
AGCO (NYSE:AGCO) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and precision ag technology. AGCO delivers customer value through its differentiated brand portfolio including core brands like Challenger®, Fendt®, GSI®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra®. Powered by Fuse® smart farming solutions, AGCO’s full line of equipment and services helps farmers sustainably feed our world. Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, USA, AGCO had net sales of $9.1 billion in 2020. For more information, visit www.AGCOcorp.com. For company news, information and events, please follow us on Twitter: @AGCOCorp. For financial news on Twitter, please follow the hashtag #AGCOIR.